MAY IS THE SEASON OF WOMEN! JOIN US AS WE ACKNOWLEDGE AND CELEBRATE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF WOMEN TO THE MINISTRY OF GRACE OVER THE YEARS! WE HOPE TO WORSHIP WITH YOU THIS MONTH!
INSTRUCTIONS TO PLACE AN ANNOUNCEMENT OR AD IN THE GRACE SUNDAY BULLETIN, ON THE NARTHEX SCREEN OR WEBSITE: To place an announcement or ad in the Sunday Bulletin, Narthex Screen or on the Website, please complete a Grace Creative Services Form, which can be found in the “Inside Grace” Literature Corner located in the Narthex and submit it to the church office by 12:00pm on Tuesdays of each week. If you need collateral material developed for your ministry or organization, please submit your Grace Creative Services Form to the church office at least two weeks in advance of the date you’d like to begin marketing/advertising.
May Announcements & Events – Celebrating the Season of Women!
New Disciples Class Schedule
- Lesson #1: 1st Sundays at 9:30am and 1st Mondays at 7:00pm
- Lesson # 2: 2nd Sundays at 9:30am and 1st Mondays at 7:00pm
- Lesson #3: 3rd Sundays at 9:30am and 1st Mondays at 7:00pm
- Lesson #4: 4th Sundays at 9:30am and 1st Mondays at 7:00pm
Monday, May 1, 2017 – The Season of Women Begins
- We come to this moment acknowledging the legacy, leadership and support of the women of Grace to the life of this ministry over the years. This month, we celebrate this legacy, yet all of us must be challenged by it. The issues of social and economic injustice that were prevalent in eighteen eighty- eight (1888) still persist even to this hour in 2017. We must gather our resources and awaken our spirituality so that the cause may continue. We are summoned by the gospel of Jesus Christ to engage in the work of social transformation. We are inspired by the rich heritage and witness of the women of Grace. We are the beneficiaries of their witness and are grateful for their faithfulness. You are invited to come out to all of the activities and events that have been planned! Don’t miss your blessing!
Wednesday, May 3 – Mental Health Panel, 7:00pm
Saturday, May 6 – Bowling, Homefield Lanes Yonkers, NY, 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Wed, May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 – 2017 Passion to Pentecost Season Continues
- Join us every Wednesday for the Passion to Pentecost Noon Day Service. Each week these glorious worship opportunities will be underscored by majestic music performed by outstanding musical artists and the inspiring Word of God delivered by devoted shepherds of various denominations and backgrounds from across the Metropolitan area. This very special ecumenical season of worship provides us with a unique opportunity to come together to share our common love and adoration for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is our solemn prayer that you will be abundantly blessed as you share this time and experience with us each week. We hope that during these sacred Wednesdays you will find an oasis here in the midst of life’s chaos…an oasis where your faith is fueled and your hope renewed. This Wednesday, the preacher will be Dr. Stephen A. Pogue, pastor of Greater Centennial AMEZ Church in Mount Vernon, NY. To download the complete 2017 Passion to Pentecost Schedule, click here.
Wednesday, May 10 – Black Lives Matter with Tamika Mallory, 7:00pm
Thursday, May 11 – The Bereavement Ministry, 7:00pm
- You’re invited to join the Bereavement Ministry for their next meeting at 7:00pm. You are not alone! We hope to see you there!
Friday, May 12 – Line Dancing, 6:30pm
Saturday, May 13 – Parents’ Night Out, 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Join the Grace Baptist Church Parent Network for the 3rd Annual Parents’ Night Out at Modern Restaurant & Lounge located at 310 Hugenot Street in New Rochelle, NY 10801. For event inquiries, please email or call firstname.lastname@example.org or Erica Toler, Parent Network President at 917-796-3084. Advanced reservations are required. You will not be able to join the group at the door. We hope to see you there!
Wednesday, May 17 – Women in Seminary, 7:00pm
Friday, May 19 – Women Only Worship (WOW) Service, 7:00pm
Friday, May 19 – Girl Talk Leadership and Mentoring Program
- If you are a girl age 11-18, bring a friend and join us every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month from 7:00pm – 8:45pm for lively, informative, and fun-filled experiences. Click here for the 2017 meeting calendar. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Michelle Bullock at: email@example.com.
The Girl Talk Leadership & Mentoring Program helps young ladies address some of the tough teen issues they deal with on a daily basis such as peer pressure, self-esteem, body image, conflict resolution, etc. Girl Talk not only provides a safe and confidential environment for teenage girls to discuss sensitive issues, but it also provides leadership opportunities and unique experiences. This program aims to help young ladies reach positive solutions in their minds, for their bodies, and on behalf of their souls.
Saturday, May 20 – Season of Women Chapel of Five Women Honoree Luncheon, 11:00am – 3:00pm
Sunday, May 21 – Guest Preacher: 9:30am & 11:30am Reverend Lakeesha Walrond
Wednesday, May 24 – Women in the Word (Bible Study), 7:00pm
Thursday & Friday, May 24 & 25 – Prom Project, 3:00pm Saturday,
May 27 – Intergenerational Tea, 12:00pm – 2:00pm